Director of Multicultural Affairs - Stephanie Mgbadigha
"Multicultural Affairs strives to educate and engage students about diverse communities and coordinate the advocacy and programming efforts of ASOSU on issues concerning students of color. Multicultural Affairs achieves this by providing volunteer support to cultural student organizations, representation in student government, event planning and OSU administration, as well as an annual Diversity Summit to increase unity in the student body. They also administer the OSU chapter of the Oregon Student of Color Coalition, and works with OSCC to represent OSU students of Color."
Public Health, Political Science Minor
I am from Portland, Oregon. Junior. I’m interested in politics and health care. I aspire to become a Healthcare Administrator and eventually own and manage a hospital(s). I joined ASOSU because I wanted to be a part of the decision making department of the student body. I wanted to be an advocate for students and push issues that are important to students, with a concentration on students of color on campus.
Goals for the Year
1. To create and maintain a relationship with all of the Cultural Resource Centers as well as the student organizations they house.
2. To give students of color a voice within ASOSU
3. To Plan and collaborate on events with different organizations
Projects I am working on
- Working on getting students employed by OSU paid twice a month
- Creating a Task Force that deals with issues on campus as it concerns students of color
The New Jim Crow
|Winter Term Availability
Monday: 11:00am-12:00pm, 1:00pm-2:00pm