Queer Affairs works to improve the campus environment for queer students, and educate all students about queer issues. Queer Affairs aims to ensure there are adequate resources and information dealing with advocacy to students, as well as provide information that is educational to the student body that deals with queer related subjects in advocacy. They address and advocate cases of discrimination as well as homophobia on campus, which should not and will not be tolerated on campus. Queer Affairs also has a position on the board for OSSERA (Oregon Statewide Student Equal Rights Alliance), Queer Affairs exists to raise awareness of queer student and ally like power, and place students in leadership positions to help the make change in areas they feel are necessary.
Ways to Get Involved
- Come to Task Force meetings
- Become an intern and volunteer with the task force and earn up to 3 academic credits per term! (ALS 410)
- Email Chris at: queer.affairs[AT]oregonstate.edu
- Become an OSERA board member: In 2001, OSA was joined by the Oregon Student Equal Rights Alliance (OSERA). Mobilizing students at the grassroots level, OSERA is striving to achieve equal access to education for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer people within Oregon's educational communities. Through advocacy, the strengthening of community relationships and the development of leaders, OSERA is working to lead Oregon's universities and community colleges toward safe, diverse and enriching environments for all students.
- Join the listserv: email@example.com
What's Important to You?
You have the ability to help create a more inclusive, welcoming and supportive environment for all LGBTQQIA students at Oregon State University! You are pivotal to the Queer Affairs Task Force. We work for you! Therefore, if you have any ideas, campaigns, or suggestions for issues that you want the task force to focus on, send them to us. Better yet, drop by the Queer Affairs Office in Snell Hall, Associated Student Center.
Our LGBT Campus Resources
- Pride Center
- Rainbow Continuum
- LGBT Services Office
- SOL: LGBTQQIA People of Color Support Network
- Gender Inclusive Housing Options
- Gender Inclusive Bathroom Options
Groups & Meeting Times
- Rainbow Continuum (Every Monday 7:00 PM @ Women's Center)