- About Us
- Task Forces
- Student Fees
- Resource Guide
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
- ASOSU Elections
SafeRide is a service dedicated to assault prevention, to OSU students, Faculty and Staff.
One of the most important services we offer is free transportation to and from campus for all OSU students. To call for a ride, dial 541.737.5000. Before calling, please review our policies, boundaries and hours of operation.
If you would like more information on services, programs or activities available through SafeRide, please call the main office at 541.737.5000 or email email@example.com.
Map of area Serviced by SafeRide
Saferide Boundaries 2012/2013
- 53rd, 5th, Conifer, Midvale
SafeRide is available to all OSU students, faculty, and staff only.
**School issued ID is required to ride in the vans.**
SafeRide is entirely funded by student fees, a fee paid by every student attending Oregon State.
Hours of Operation
Fall Term: 7:00PM - 1:00AM
Winter Term: 6:00PM - 1:00AM
Spring Term: 7:00PM - 1:00AM
- SafeRide does not drop off or pick up riders from bars, nor does SafeRide take students to parties; we do not service commercial locations.
- if an accomidation for a disability is needed please request upon calling (e.g. Request a honk if blind upon arrival, turn on flashers if deaf, wheelchair accessible van)
- Priority is given to academic and work-related rides. Dispatchers are able to recommend alternative modes of transportation.
- SafeRide reserves the right to refuse service.
- SafeRide does not accommodate inappropriate behavior or requests.
- SafeRide provides rides to groups of two or less. If there are more than two people in a group, SafeRide finds that the use of our services would be a transportation issue as opposed to a sexual assault prevention issue.
- SafeRide vehicles only go within posted boundaries. If a rider needs an exception to this rule, they will need to consult the director during her regular office hours. Please refer to our website for specific boundaries.
- SafeRide drivers should be treated with respect by their passengers.
- Our drivers are here to help you so courteous behavior is expected.
- SafeRide will not wait more than five minutes past the given wait time. Our drivers are on a tight schedule; extensive waits will cause problems with our schedule.
- Smoking, eating, and consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited in SafeRide vehicles.
- SafeRide is a service to provide safe transportation of Students, Faculty and Staff; SafeRide does not service non OSU students, family members, children or pets.
or email the Director of SafeRide at firstname.lastname@example.org.